The Branch

 

I can't sleep in my new home. It disturbed me!

It was a low clinking noise. I half opened my eyes and looked at the window. The branch of a tree outside my bedroom window was waving in wind and tapping the glass. 

It looked like long, slender finger bones of a skeleton knocking the window. I tried to get back to sleep, but can't. I tightly closed my eyes and ears with a pillow. Perhaps that's the only thing I can do now, since I was very tired of the shifting. It must be of a tree in the backyard. I regret for not looking at the backyard once. I have to cut it off in the morning, I thought myself. 

Somehow I slept and woke up with puffed eyes and went to the backyard, only to see empty ground and that there are no trees for several foot from that bedroom window.

Comments

Post a Comment